Latest Roundwood News.......
On Saturday 23 March both Men's A and B teams were in action.
Men's A played Norfolk B.C. 'B' away in Division 2 of the County League, losing by 81 shots to 78 which resulted in a 6 points to 1 defeat.
Men's B played Woodland 'B' at home in Division 3 North of the County League, winning by 121 shots to 48 which resulted in a 7 points to nil victory.
On Saturday 16 March Roundwood Mens A team played away to Shotford,A winning 92 shots to 80, and resulting in a 5 points to 2 victory. With only a few league games remaining Mens A are top of Division 2.
On Wednesday 20th March Roundwood hosted a Friendly Game against a touring team from Newark followed by tea and biscuits. It was an excellent afternoon, with really friendly people a pleasure to play against. Roundwood beat Newark 113 - 85 but of course the players decided it was a draw.
A recent Management Committee meeting discussed / decided the following matters:
1. It has not been possible to recruit a ladies coach. Further discussion will take place at the Q & A session to beheld at the club on 3 April.
2. Disabled coaching and the need to adhere to the Equalities Act by making 'reasonable adjustments' for disabled bowlers. Research and discussions continue.
3. Q & A session confirmed to take place at the club on Wednesday 3 April with the AGM taking place at 7 p.m. on Friday 26 April.
4. Chris Binns is resigning as Chairman and Trustee. The Trustee vacancy to be advertised to members.
5. Procedure for nominations for County League team captains to be written into club rules.
6. Discussions are continuing on the composition of winter leagues for 2019/20, and the commencement time of certain evening leagues.
7. Take-up on he proposed summer leagues are sluggist. Anyone interest needs to express their interest asap.
8. The Open Singles League will once again take place in the summer months.
9. End of Season Quiz to take place on 12th April.
10. The driveway at Roundwood is to be covered in tarmac at the end of this month.
There is now a new page on the website. It is called 'For Sale' and is available for anyone to have bowls items for sale post posted. Details to Rob Hoffman.
Roundwood Bowls Club is an indoor bowls club with just under 400 members playing in friendly roll ups, internal leagues and county competitions. With over 60 members in their eighties, some of whom find it difficult to play for two hours, it was decided to look into providing a wheelchair to help them continue bowling. We quickly discovered that the cost of a chair, £2500, was beyond our means, so we started fundraising. Six months later, thanks to the generosity of the following people and organisations, Tesco (Drayton), Taverham Parish Council, Yorkshire Building Society, Taverham Lions, John Jarrold Trust, Mike Carey and Roundwood Social Club, we have four members currently using the chair and we are looking to purchase a second one this year.
Thanks are also due to Sue Hunter who, working enthusiastically and vigorously, was responsible not only for finding the sponsors but also for organising money raising events.
Chris Binns, Chairman 01603 860460
email – email@example.com
Good news for the women's game. The Norfolk County Women's Indoor Bowls Association have launched a website recently. It will include Competition and League results, News and a Photo Gallery. Just visit www.ncwiba.org.uk
For all you bowlers troubled by length and line problem, could this be the answer!! :-)